1.6.0.186 Space in FinalBuilder action variable value results in invalid Fiinal Builder 8 command line arguments

Hi

We have a Final Builder action in Continua targeting Final Builder 8 with the following variables defined:

CompilerOutputPath=$Workspace$\Output
BuildConfig=%Config% PBudget
IconFile=$Source.Phoenix$\power_budgets.ico
LibraryPath=$Workspace$\compiler\lib%Platform%%Config%
SearchPath=$Workspace$\lib;$Workspace$\res
ProjectFIle=$Source.Phoenix$\Budget.dpr
DCC=$Workspace$\compiler
BuildPath=$Workspace$

This results in the following arguments being sent to FBCMD by Continua:

Working Directory: C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\Source\Phoenix
Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalBuilder 8\FBCMD.exe
Arguments: -nb -v:“CompilerOutputPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\Output”;BuildConfig=“Release\ PBudget”;IconFile=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\Source\Phoenix\power_budgets.ico”;LibraryPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\compiler\lib\Win32\Release”;SearchPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\lib@@SEMICOLON@@C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\res”;ProjectFIle=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\Source\Phoenix\Budget.dpr”;DCC=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\compiler”;BuildPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880”;” C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\Source\Phoenix\Phoenix_BinBuild.fbp8 -!:C:\CI_WS\Ws\126880\ContinuaContext.xml

Exit with return code: 2 (INVALIDARGS)

There seems to be an extra quotation mark being added at the end of the -v arguments (just after the BuildPath= value). If I change BuildConfig variable in the Continua action to read as the following (by removing the “PBudget”), then the arguments go through fine, and the action is successful:

BuildConfig=%Config%

Resulting arguments:

Working Directory: C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\Source\Phoenix
Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalBuilder 8\FBCMD.exe
Arguments: -nb -v:CompilerOutputPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\Output”;BuildConfig=“Release”;IconFile=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\Source\Phoenix\power_budgets.ico”;LibraryPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\compiler\lib\Win32\Release”;SearchPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\lib@@SEMICOLON@@C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\res”;ProjectFIle=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\Source\Phoenix\Budget.dpr”;DCC=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\compiler”;BuildPath=“C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881”; C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\Source\Phoenix\Phoenix_BinBuild.fbp8 -!:C:\CI_WS\Ws\126881\ContinuaContext.xml

I’ve tried surrounding “%Config% PBudget” with quotation marks, and I’ve tried escaping the whitespace but neither worked. The only solution seems to be to remove the whitespace from the BuildConfig variable value.

If you need any further info, I’m happy to help!

Thanks,

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reporting this. We’ve implemented a fix and will release this in a new version today.

Thanks Dave! Confirmed as fixed in 221.