Use Git Repository with a specific tag

I wanted to create a build configuration with a git repository but i want to use a specific commit (tagged) for this build.
If i start the build i can just choose the repository branch but no tag?

How can i use tags with git?

Currently the only tag features for git repositories is trigging builds on tags. This is done through configuration triggers when using a git repository trigger.

I believe Dave has been looking at adding the ability to build on specific changesets and tags. We should know more timelines in the coming weeks.

Thanks for this information.

Yes we build with 2 repositories (sources, binaries). So i have to build with the current develop branch from sources and a specific tag from the binary repository e.g. v2.3.0 binaries with current develop sources branch.

I think it is a common scenario isnt it? If you use a git workflow (git flow or github flow) you will close the branches (feature) if the feature is finished and tag the merge at the master branch.
So currently it is just possible with continuaci to build with the head of a branch that is very disappointing.

What confuses me that i could switch from branch to tag in the build start screen one time (i could just choose one tag but it was there) but i cant reproduce it.

Hi DaveX,

If you change the repository to “Detect and list as new changeset” for tags, you will be able to select a tag for a queued build.

http://wiki.finalbuilder.com/display/continua/Repositories#Repositories-Tags

Hi Jason,

This doesnt work i dont get any tags:

But even if it would work it should use the tag as default (to choose it every build manually would be very errorprone and inconvenient

i tried to resetting the repository and but i still cant switch from the branch to tags.

btw what i meant with inconvenient is that if you have 25 builds/day always with the same version/tag from the binary it wouldn’t be the best solution if you could only build manually and you have always to switch from branch to tag and choose the right tag because you can’t set it as default (because it should be the default for this build configuration).

Regards
Dave

Not sure why you are not seeing the tags. We would need to see what your settings for the repository are, and perhaps also enable debug logging and then reset the repository so we can see why it’s not getting the tags.

http://wiki.finalbuilder.com/display/continua/Debug+Logging

After enabling debug logging, reset the repo, wait until it is ready and the stop the service and send the log to support @ finalbuilder.com