Filtering test based on category in Final Builder NUnit tool

I have developed unit testing for a MVC application and categorize the test cases using Category Attribute in NUnit based on module wise. I can run the test cases based on category wise in NUNIT GUI tool.

I have Automated the unit testing project in Final Builder6. For ensuring my site stability in daily schedule basis.

Requirement: I need to have run test cases in category wise by Final Builder NUnit tool.But i can  run only  as per whole testcase or single text fixture.

Refer the link: http://help.finalbuilder.com/Index.htm?nunitaction.htm

There  is a option Fixture, in this i can run only as like whole namespace testcase and particuler fixture text cases. The fixture option screenshot include in attachment.

.But I need to run  test cases as per category wise  and also exclude some category test in automation.

Is it possible in Final builder NUnit tool.? pasted example unit testing code in category wise . Here i have to to run "Account" Category via Final buider NUNit Tool

[TextFixture]
public class Testcases
{

[Test]
         [Category('Account')]
        public void Login()
        {
            //Arrange

//Act

//Assert

}
 [Test]
         [Category('Account')]
        public void Register()
        {
            //Arrange

//Act

//Assert

}
     [Test]
         [Category('Sales')]
        public void Order()
        {
            //Arrange

//Act

//Assert

}

}

__34474__0__unit-capture.zip (138.299 KB)

Hi Team,

Can you please provide solution ASAP.

Thanks for bring to our attention we are missing the include and exclude parameter options for NUnit. I will look at adding these to FinalBuidler 7 in the next day. Just have to clear some other work before I can start.

In the mean time there is a work around in FinalBuilder 7 that you could use. In FinalBuilder 7 the NUnit action has a a property that allows the addition of the /include parameter. The property is named “Extra Params At End”. In this property you could write “/include:Account” to get the result you desire. I will let you know when the update to FinalBuilder 7 is available.

On another note, we won’t be able to back port this change to FinalBuilder 6 as FinalBuilder 7 has numerous updates which this change would rely upon. Also any release of FinalBuilder 6 would still require a valid license for the date it was released, so your best using FinalBuilder 7 and get all the other updates is provides.

Lastly updating to FinalBuilder 7 is very simple. All previous version projects opened in FinalBuilder 7 will automatically be converted and if saved will write to a new FinalBuilder 7 project file. The original will be left intact.

Hi JSon,

Thanks for your response.

I have migrated final project into version 7 . but I could not able find the parmater name as “Extra Params At End” for include category way testing . Can you please give solution to how to add category section in  Unit Testing tool  and When will you provide updated feature[Category include and exclude option ] in NUnit Final builder 7?

Hi AnandharajRamalingam,

Great news the update to the NUnit action is located in the following build. Please let us know how this goes for you.

http://downloads.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/700/FB700_3284.exe

Hi Jason,

Great. It’s working what i am expected. Really fabulous support.

Regards,
Anandharaj .R