Building a specific changeset

I know I brought this up in a different thread, and I know it's on the todo list, but I just wanted to make the request in case others are looking for this.

When queuing up a build, you are presented with the popup which lets you specify the Repository Branch to use.  I assume that what happens is the CCI server synchronizes repositories with the Agent machine and updates to the latest "tip" of the specified repository branch, and then the stages start to run.

Why not allow a changeset hash-code to be entered in addition to the branch name?  From a git/mercurial standpoint, this should be a minor change, no?

Hi Mike

It’s being worked on at the moment, but it is part of a larger change so it will still be a while before it is available. The idea is that you will be able to choose a branch, or a tag or a changeset. I can’t say when that will be available at this time.

I assume you are developing this on a feature-branch? I’d be more than happy to help you beta-test this.

A workaround we’ve been using is to create a branch “build-this” on the changeset we want to build. Once Continua syncs that branch, we specify that branch name during the build.

It’s a little convoluted but it works for the few times we need to build specific commits.

I assume you are developing this on a feature-branch? I'd be more than happy to help you beta-test this.

It's not being done of a branch that we can generate a build with yet. It's being done on our dev branch which is for the next major version. We have done so much refactoring in the last few weeks that it would be impossible to take changes from dev to v1.

Just checking in to see if this is available yet.

Sorry no, not yet. It probably won’t make it into the upcoming minor release, but it is high on the list after that.

Any luck yet?

Hi Mike, thank you for support and interest in this one.

Its very much a feature we want to build! We have a number of high priority items we are working on at the moment, this feature is scheduled for an upcoming release.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm anything further in regards to dates, however please keep an eye out on the release page or updates as they become available.

Thanks again

Hi, I wanted to follow up and see if there was any progress on this issue. If not, I’d like to throw my vote into the ring for this feature Daniel Zimmerman

No real progress just yet, we’re currently reworking git support to deal with issues reported, once that’s done we’ll be able to take a look at it again

Just checking in a few years later. Has this been pushed out yet?

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately not - it’s still on the to-do list.

We know it’s been sometime since the original request, but please note that since then we have added the ability to build by tag and also added a button for rebuilding an existing build using the same changesets.

Due to work on those features, the back-end code is almost ready for this, but we still need to update the front end to allow you to find and select a commit or revision.

Just checking in to see if this available yet.  I need to start a new server, so now’s a good time to ask.  Thanks!

Sadly, it’s still not done, however you can queue builds based on the changesets from an earlier build. It’s still on the todo list but higher priority tasks keep cropping up.