VB6 compile - project properties, references

We have a manual process using Visual Studio 6.0 at the moment for compiling a set of .vbp files to make a number of .dll's and a single .exe.   The aim is to get this done in FinalBuilder.  I'm guessing that this has been done many times by FB users all over the world?  Anyway, if compiling multiple .vbp files in order using FB, how can the REFERENCES on each project be changed?

eg. A.dll is referenced by B.dll, B.dll is referenced by C.dll and so on.

I can see the 'Compile VB6 Project' action in FB but I can't see how to set the references?

Regards,

Clive 

Hi Clive

It’s been a long time (many years) since I even looked at VB6, but there is some info in the help file on this topic… The action has a “Fixup ActiveX References” option that will attempt to deal with this issue.

Thanks Vincent. I’ll try it out.
Clive

There is an ‘Import VB6 Project Group’ wizard in FB, which I thought might help. However, I just can’t get the VB6 projects to compile (multiple .vbp projects with references and a .vpg group file). The fix-up ActiveX references option is found in the wizard but doesn’t seem to help in this case. I searched for tools out there that handled VB6 compile tasks and found Visual Build Pro, which is a similar product to FinalBuilder. It has a VB6 Compile action that provides a lot more properties to control the compile process but I didn’t have to change the default settings much because it compiled my projects more-or-less first time for me.

This is the first time I’ve found a situation where FinalBuilder doesn’t deliver and I’m disappointed that I have to purchase another product to fill the gap. However, that seems to be my only choice because I can’t get FB’s compile action working and the standard Microsoft command-line solution ( VB6.exe ) doesn’t really deliver.

Clive

Hi Clive

If you send your vpg and .vbp files to support at finalbuilder dot com I’ll take a look and see if I can find out what is happening. Also, what do you have the Version Compatibility set to - see http://help.finalbuilder.com/vb6versioncompatibility.htm