SignTool with EV Certificate Fails

Hi Everyboy,

I just struggeling with the same problems while using a EV Certificate. The Token Password is a nightmare. I’m usinge FinalBuilder 8.0.0.2701 with maintenance.

Is there anything new since last year?

regards Michael

Hi All

I have been playing with this today (I had to find our EV usb after we closed the office).

I managed to get signing working without a password prompt, using a DigiCert issued certificate - they use SafeNet usb tokens - if your provider uses different hardware/software then this may or may not work.

In the safenet client tools, click on the Advanced View toolbar button and under “User certificates” select the certificate and then on the Export certificate button, save the .cer file somewhere you can access from FinalBuilder.

In that same view, there are two important fields

Cryptographic Provider: eToken Base Cryptographic Provider
and
Container name: p11#xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the Signtool sign action, on the Signing options copy the Cryptographic Provider value to the provider field in the dialog, and in the Private key container field

[{{tokenPassword}}]=containerName

Replace tokenPassword and containerName with the values from your token.

You do need to have signed into the token in the client tools once. In the Safenet client tools, under client settings, advanced tab, make sure Automatic Logoff is set to never.

With this setup I was able to sign from a scheduled task whether logged into the machine or not (I rebooted and waited 5 min past the scheduled time to be sure).

You do still need the physical usb token plugged into the machine for this to work.

I will post on our blogs with more detailed step by step instructions later today or tomorrow.

2 Likes