Continua is now slow

I’m getting complaints from my devs that builds are now taking 20 mins where the used to be ~ 5mins.
I’m seeing delays like this

Build Initialising
Finished checking repository 'HealthOne_Releases'. Last check started at 12/02/2024 2:33:48 p.m. and finished at 12/02/2024 2:35:09 p.m.. Build was started at 12/02/2024 2:33:55 p.m. after last finished repository check started. So rechecking.

Has something changed in the last 6 months or so around synching of repositories ?

Hi @dev.licensing,

We haven’t made any recent changes that would slow down repository checking. Is it possible that your repository has become larger e.g. more branches to process? Even with large repositories, however, we don’t normally see such a long time delay unless a repository is reset and reinitialised.

What type of repository is it? What are the repository settings? Can you enable debug logging, restart the Continua Server service, then after a new changeset has been added to the repository and a build started, send a copy to the resultant log file via email to support at finalbuilder.com. This should allow us to diagnosis the issue and hopefully make some improvements.

Thanks for that Dave - more likely to be at our end then.

It is SVN. I’ll see if I can get a log file to you.

Cheers

D

Just to close off this ticket - after some digging around we found that the synchronisation of the SVN repos was causing the delay.
Every time a build was triggered they were being refreshed rather than only following a commit. I did not do the fix to the configuration so can’t be more specific than that sorry. But the builds are now much better (no need to go and get coffee while waiting)