Setup commincation via SSH

Hi.

I have some trouble getting my builds to communication via SSH. The server is hosted on a domain member server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. The build server in question is a standalone server and not connected to any domain. It’s running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. The setup of the agent was not able to register the service correctly because I entered the wrong password but I was able register the service manually. After that the agent was listed in the webUI and I was able to authorize it. But the compatibility check still tells me that the agent does not have access to the server via UNC or SSH.

I opened all Continua CI Port in the inbound and outbound firewall filters on both servers and added the SSH port setting to the configuration file of the agent. Although I restarted both services the agent is not able to connect to the SSH port. I checked if all ports are accessible and was able to connect to the integrated SSH server using PuTTy. As I got a login prompt after that I guess the agent needs some credentials to logon to the SSH server. What credentials are used and where are they configured?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kay Zumbusch

I forgot to add the Continua CI version: 1.5.0.51 Beta

Hi Kay,

The Continua Server service registers a temporary unique userid and password with the Continous SSH service and forwards this on to the agent.

To help us troubleshoot connection issues can you check if there are any messages in the event log. Also enable debugging on the server and on the agent, then send the logs to support@finalbuilder.com.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the debug logging idea. The server was not able to communicate with the agent on 9002. I opened port 9002 for domain and private networks in the windows firewall but the network is set to public. I changed the firewall rule to public and now everythings fine.

Regards

Kay Zumbusch