Setting up XMPP notifications

Is this the correct interpretation of the edit boxes? because I get an error after hitting validate.

Posted By Dennis Bush on 01 May 2014 12:02 PM
Is this the correct interpretation of the edit boxes? because I get an error after hitting validate.

I mean I get this.

At the moment we are looking at alternative options for XMPP support, as the library we use is very broken. We updated our internal openfire xmpp server last week and Continua CI no longer works with it.

On further investigation, Continua CI does not currently support googletalk. I will task someone this week to look at the xmpp support. It looks like we may need to change libraries as the one we are using is buggy and abandoned (jabber-net).

yep. i can agree. Since one of the last openfire updates, it doesn’t work anymore (some certificate / dispose errors).

Did this ever get fixed? Do you now support Google talk? I can’t see any mention of this issue in the release notes for the latest 1.5 beta release (168).

As a side note, I’d like to see the windows tray notifier come back from FinalBuilder server. Teamcity does a really good job of this, as well as a visual studio and IntelliJ Idea IDE plugin

No, I spend a week testing different xmpp libraries, sadly I couldn’t find one that worked correctly with every server I tested with (openfire, google talk and hipchat).

We are planning on reworking notifications and will try to use other api’s to talk to messaging services (ie rest api to hipchat etc).

As for the windows tray notifier, it’s still on the todo list, awaiting the implementation of the rest api’s needed.

okay no worries, thanks for the quick reply!

Looking forward to any updates in this area. Either Hipchat or the tray notifier would be a huge improvement. Even an RSS feed. Just something other than email so developers can be instantly notified of build success / failure.

Will keep my eye out for updates.

Thanks again,
Sean