Team Foundation Latest Version Number - Wrong changeset id?
Last Post 03 Nov 2010 02:58 PM by Ben Hughes. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Andre Johansson

--
29 Oct 2010 01:58 AM

Hello,

I am trying to get the latest changeset id for one of my projects using the "Team Foundation Latest Version Number" action. However I keep getting the latest changeset id for for the whole server. 

This is how I have set up the taks:

1. Map tfs working folder

servername is set to my tfs server (http:tfs:8080)

workspace is set (ixxtfs2)

and remote folder is set to my project $/CAR001

local working folder: %SrcDir%

2. Team foundation latest version number

Working folder: I have tried both "use default" and user %SrcDir% but I get no difference.

The command returns changeset id 1571 which is the latest for $/, but I want the latest for $/CAR001 which is 1554.

What am I doing wrong?

Ben Hughes
    VSoft Staff

--
    31 Oct 2010 03:41 PM

Hi Andre,

We use the tf changeset command to get the version number - from my reading of the docs and some brief testing it doesn't appear to support filtering at the project level. The tf history command does seem to be project-aware, but its output is less deterministic and is hence harder to parse to extract the version number. If I can reliably parse the history output, I'll change the action to use it.

Cheers,

Ben

Ben Hughes
    VSoft Staff

--
    31 Oct 2010 05:02 PM
    Hi again Andre,
    I've changed the action to use tf history in the latest test build: http://www.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/aex6/FB700_812.exe

Can you please download it and see if it addresses your issue?

Cheers,

Ben

Andre Johansson

--
    01 Nov 2010 12:59 AM

Hello again,

First of all, I'm impressed and pleased with the fast response, thank you!

Unfortunatly I can't get it right just yet, the command executed by the get latest version number is "history * /recursive /noprompt". This command fails on my machine. However "history $/CAR001 /recursive /noprompt" does not, but I can't find any setting to change the parameters.

See the attached picture.

Ben Hughes
    VSoft Staff

--
    01 Nov 2010 02:38 PM
    Hi Andre,
    I tested with the 2010 version of tf.exe, and it looks like you're using 2008. There may have been a change between 2008 and 2010. What output do you get if you manually run tf.exe /history * /noprompt /recursive from the command line in your src directory?

Cheers,
    Ben

Andre Johansson

--
    02 Nov 2010 12:27 AM

Hello again,

It seems like I have some other error, but I can't really figure out what (I'm not the best friend with TFS). The tf command seems to look for a workspace called "Ixxtfs2" (like the computer name). Even if the only existing workspace is Nova-Release which is mapped to the correct source folder.

Ben Hughes
    VSoft Staff

--
    02 Nov 2010 03:24 PM
    Hi Andre,
    Unfortunately the forum software has re-sized your image and I can't read the command output. Can you please either add a screenshot of just the CMD window, or cut and paste the text?

FYI in your first post you said you had set the workspace to ixxtfs2.

Ben

Andre Johansson

--
    03 Nov 2010 12:29 AM

Here it goes again...sorry.

Yes, previsouly I had IXXTFS2 as a default workspace set up on the machine. But I had to change it so now I create a workspace in my build script (Productname-Buildtype) and delete it when I'm done.

I hope this picture is a bit clearer, otherwise here is the output:

Here is the command: d:\BuildServerWorkDir\NOVA-Release\src>tf history * /noprompt /recursive"

Output: "TF14061: The workspace IXXTFS2;IXX\andrej.admin does not exist"

Notice that in the dialog behind, you can see that there is no workspace ixxtfs2 anymore so why tfs searches for it is a mystery for me.

Andre Johansson

--
    03 Nov 2010 01:47 AM

I don't know exactly what I've done but after some restarting and using your latest build the build numbers now seem correct. If i figure out what was wrong I will post it here.

But thanks for you help and the extra build!

Ben Hughes
    VSoft Staff

--
    03 Nov 2010 02:58 PM
    Glad it's working now. Please let us know if you run into any more issues.

Cheers,

Ben
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ipt>