Migrating FinalBuilder from physical server to virtual server

Hi,

We are in the process of moving a FinalBuilder 7 installation from an old physical server to a new virtual server.

I’ve looked around here in the forum but I can’t find any good answer to my question, is it possible to migrate/mote the old installation to a new server.

The virtual server will be installed with the same versions as physical server, is there an easy way to get it runing by just moving files/backups?

BR
Daniel W

Hi Daniel,

If your referring to FinalBuilder it is a simple matter of removing the licensing from the physical machine (located in %PROGRAMDATA%\VSoft\FinalBuilder8) and then installing FinalBuilder on the new machine. FinalBuilder 8 comes with a license manager that runs on start-up. This will allow you to log into your account and download the license once again.

Hi,

We are using FinalBuilder 7 in TFS2010

Does your answer apply for that version as well or is is different?

There are many scripts running in the current physical server and we want to make sure that everything works in the new one.

BR
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The same thing can be done for FinalBuilder 7, however there is no license manager. You will have to log into your account on the website and download your license.

With regards to TFS 2010 you will need to make sure TFS2010 is already installed on the system before installing FinalBuilder 7. FinalBuilders installer detects whether TFS is installed and will registered the TFS workflows in the GAC.

Hi!

Ok, is there any configuration that needs to moved and if so where are the files for the configuration?

BR
Daniel

Hi Daniel

FinalBuilder stores it’s ini file in C:\ProgramData\VSoft\FinalBuilder7\

There is also a per user ini file in C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\FinalBuilder7