How to force refresh of Subversion repository

Hi,

is there a way to force a refresh of a subversion repository without a complete reset after a new new branch was created? ContinuaCI does not list a newly created branch although 15 minutes has passed and I can’t update repository mappings for our configurations.

CI-Version 1.6.0.255

Regards

Kay Zumbusch

I had to commit anything to the newly created branch before Continua CI was listing the branch in the branch selection lists. Even when I reset the repository or added a new repository to Continua CI branches without any changes seem to get ignored.

Regards

Kay Zumbusch

Hi Kay,

We’ve not been able to reproduce this behaviour. When a new branch is created in Subversion, a commit is created and this is picked up by Continua, and both the changesets and branches tables are updated.

Is the branch created listed as a commit in the SVN log? Is this commit also listed in the configuration changes table with the correct branch name? Are there are errors in the event log?

To investigate further we would need details of your repository settings? The easiest way to provide this is to send a diagnostics report downloaded from the event log page to support@finalbuilder.com. Also provide the name of the repository and branch which has these problems. If you could also generate a debug log of this happening this  would help us find the cause of issue quicker.

Hi Dave,

I just sent an email with the diagnostic information and the debug from to your support email address.

Regards

Kay Zumbusch

Hi,

Dave figured out that our Subversion version of our repository is outdated. ContinuaCI gets the log information as XML and evaluates special information that is not yet provided by Subversion 1.6.17. In the included sample XML the “kind” attribute is empty but ContinuaCI expects “file” or “directory”. As this information is not provided ContinuaCI tries to guess the kind but is mislead by the full stop in the path and uses “file” kind.

Sample svn log XML:

[code]<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?><log> <logentry revision=“10894”> <author>kzumbusch</author> <date>2015-07-29T09:58:31.912160Z</date> <paths> <path copyfrom-path="/trunk" copyfrom-rev=“10891” action=“A” kind="">/branches/release-9.3</path> </paths> <msg>Release branch for 9.3</msg> </logentry></log>[/code]

If you want to check if your repository is missing that information run the Subversion command line binary to get the latest log entry as XML:

[code]svn log url|path --verbose --xml -l 1[/code]

Thanks to Dave for clearing things up.

Regards

Kay Zumbusch