Cannot check for updates with Help menu selection

I have been receiving notices that my support is ending for the instance of Automise that I have on one of my machines.  When I try to use Help/Check for Updates to make sure that I have the latest software version, I get an error popup which states

Error occurred when checking for updates:
Could not access updates file on web site:
Access is denied  

The machine is able to hit the Internet, so I do not think the problem is there.

Also, related to the support:  I recently added a second license for Automise.  Are both instances covered by separate license/support agreements, or does the second license extend my support period overall?  Is there a new license file I should have installed for the first license when I got the second one?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathon

I suspect you are using a build that does not have the fix to deal with the fact that we switched the website to SSL only mode a while back.

Your second license does not affect the first one, they have different subscription dates. Your first license subscript expired on 02/07/2015 - so you can only use Automise builds created before then.

Note that you should always download and install your license key again after renewing software assurance.

I think I understand…could you point me to where I would get the latest build that was created before 7/2/2015 so that I can at least get rid of this issue?

Hi Jonathan,

The fix release was made on August 19th, 2014. The download link is below;

http://downloads.automise.com/downloads/automise/400/AT400_708.exe