Issue calling FB from TFS

Hi all,

I have successfully managed to get TFS calling FB on a test server and I am now doing the same thing on our production TFS server.

I have installed FB on our TFS server and on our build agent. On the build agent I had to use GACUtil to register the three FB dlls that are needed in the GAC (FinalBuilder.TFS.Workflow.2102, 2013 and GetDefaultWorkspace). I did not need to do this on the TFS server as the installer did this for me.

However, running a build from TFS raises the following exception:
The invocation of the constructor on type ‘VSoftTechnologies.Fianlbuilder.TFS.Workflow.FinalBuilder’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.

I’ve restarted all services on both boxes after using GACUtil and I do not get this error on our test box - any ideas please?

FB version: 7.0.0.3084
TFS version: 2013 with Update 4

Hi Mark,

The installer for FinalBuilder should handle this. My guess at present is that it is not detecting the TFS agent installations correctly. I will look into this today get you a new installation.

Sadly restarting the services is required. This is due to TFS services only reloading GAC installed DLL’s on next load up. The previously installed DLL’s are held onto until this occurs causing the binding error your seeing.

I will keep you posted on how I progress.

Hi Mark,

From testing today the installer should install all required files into the GAC for you. I can’t see how this wouldn’t be occurring, but the installation log might help point me in the right direction.

Could you run the installer with the /LOG parameter and send me the result to support@finalbuilder.com. The log will appear in the %TEMP% directory for the user with a name similar to “Setup Log 2015-03-06 #001.txt”.

Thanks