Build Delphi action missing a number of Linker page options

When I compare the Linker page in the Delphi XE7 IDE project settings vs the Linker page in the FB Build Delphi action, a number of items are missing from FB. In particular, I was looking for the “Debug Information” checkbox. Is this something that will be included in a future update?

Hi Eivind,

Well hopefully this goes part way to making your day. We have already implemented the Debug Information option for Delphi builds. You will be able to find the “Debug Information” checkbox on the Compiler tab. Apologies for the confusion caused due to the difference to the Delphi IDE.

Let me know if we are missing any other options your looking for.

Sorry, but there is no confusion on my part that I can find. Recent versions of Delphi have a “Debug Information” item both on the Project options - compiler page, and the linker page. According to the Delphi documentation, they would generate different compiler command line options, and therefore are not the same option.

If you are saying that the one checkbox you already have covers both Delphi options (although it shouldn’t), then it’d be nice if it was documented. Otherwise, please log the missing one as a wishlist item.

Bah, no sooner have I posted than I see that the two options should produce the same result. Ignore my previous message that I can’t delete.

Hi Eivind

I assume you are referring to the -V -VN command line options. These are indeed what is behind the Include TD32 debug Info options. Embarcadero have a habit of changing the names of the options in the IDE every second release, so it can get a bit confusing matching up the options to the what you see in the IDE (it never used to be like that, before they dumbed down the options UI).