[1.6.0.72 RC] Variables no longer shown in queue build screen

I have an IsCiBuild bool value that we have on each property. It is automatically set by a check-in repository trigger, but we also allowed users to set this checkbox when starting a build. However, with the latest version, this checkbox is no longer available.

After double checking, the Prompt Type is empty. Something went wrong with a db migration?

Hi Geert,

I can’t see how the variable prompt migration could fail. Any chance you could send a backup to support@finalbuildbuilder.com of the data in the core_variable and build_variableprompt tables from the pre-install database? There should be a backup copy in C:\ProgramData\VSoft\ContinuaCI 

Hi Geert,

There was an issue with the database migration code where the prompt type would get associated with a variable with the same name from a different configuration. This has been fixed in v1.6.0.73. If you have a lot of variables with the same name it might be worth restoring the last back up database before installing to fix up variable prompts. 

I already fixed them all manually yesterday, but after installing .73 it still works. Thanks for fixing.

When I clone a repository, it seems they are reset. Can you look into that?

Hi Geert,

Yes, variable prompts are lost when cloning. I’ll fix that for the next version.