Feature request: XMPP room support

I am trying to post build server messages into hipchat (a specific room). I think this is not possible atm. The only thing that is possible is that it (as a user) posts a direct message to subscribers. I would prefer that I could have the option to post into a specific room so it can be connected to external services (such as hipchat / kato / etc).

It’s on the list to look at, we’re planning on reworking the entire notifications architecture, however it’s a big job. With hipchat we’ll most likely use it’s http api, xmpp is not well implemented on hipchat or slack.

Today I tried to enable the integration from the build server to slack (so we can see failed builds in a specific room). This wasn’t a success. Is there any progress on the notification system?

1) Will the XMPP ever support rooms?
2) Will there be web hooks (that’s a more generic implementation which would be better).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Geert,

Sorry, no progress on this. We’ve got a couple of other main features to work on first.

Once we get started on this, we do plan to support sending messages to rooms and will also look into providing a way to define a JSON request template for sending mesages to a REST API or external web hook service. We don’t plan to implement a web hook service to allow Continua to receive mesages from chat services.

Thanks. I don’t need incoming web hooks, as long as Continua CI can post status info messages to other systems.