Object reference error

I want check a Delphi XE5 application. On a form are some TsEdit controls. But i can't send a text to this. Why?

The Log:
Finding process SAS, No. 1
Evaluating description to find control...
Retrieved control : Window Handle 12780248, Window Class Edit, ""   <------- it shoud be possible to send text
Sending text to control:
test
An error occured :
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.  <------- Error! Why ???

Thanks
René

Hi Rene,

Typically this message would occur if the control in question does not have a Windows Handle (or exposes a WinControl property). Its this property which is required to call the SendText or SendKeys command on.

I do not understand that. The control was recognized and received a handle (Window Handle 12780248).

In other forms, it works fine. For example:

Finding process SAS, No. 1
Evaluating description to find control…
Retrieved control : Window Handle 4587968, Window Class Edit, “”
Sending text to control:
Done.

What type of application is it, VCL or FMX? What as a TsEdit control (not a standard control)? Not all controls support sendkeys. The gui automation feature in Automise is very basic, it does not work with all applications/control types (generally only those with a window handle).

This is an VCL Application. In all cases it is a TsEdit Control. It’s am member from TEdit (TsEdit = class(TEdit)).
In one form it works fine an in another form i’ m getting an error while a handle is available.

A solution to the problem I’ve found. First, I create a mouse click on the control and can then enter the text there.