Continua and git fast forward merges

Hi,

about a year ago I posted about a problem with continua not seeing certain git merges. While I have not been able to reproduce the originial Problem an answer stated that
"So far the only time we do not see the merge is when they are fast forwards."

As we now have some branches where there were fast forward merges and Continua still seems to be having problems with these I would like to know if a fix for this is planned in a coming version.

Regards,
Christoph

Hi,

We had a look into this at the time and the issue is that Git does not produce a commit for fast forward merges and the “git log” command that we use to detect changesets does not list the changeset.

I had a further look into this today and it’s possible that we could do something using “git reflog” - although this will need some work and we need to check through the issues especially with getting the reflog from a remote repository. 

Are you able to prevent fast forward merges at all using the Git config option merge.ff as suggested in the original post?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

We are able to prevent fast forward merges for now. However we would still love to be able to use them in Continua if possible.

Regards,
Christoph