1.5.0.131 Beta Migration Error

I’m getting an error running the latest beta against SQL 2012.
I created a fresh database, and get this error in the logs when it attempts to initialize

Medium: 3:48:20 PM [Debug] Logging
Medium: 3:48:20 PM [Startup] Starting Continua version 1.5.0.131.
Medium: 3:48:25 PM [Database] Could not initialise database:

System.Exception: An error occured executing the following sql:
INSERT INTO core_securityentity SELECT DISTINCT id FROM core_role
The error was Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
 —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean&amp; dataReady)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SqlServer.SqlServerProcessor.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql)
   — End of inner exception stack trace —
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SqlServer.SqlServerProcessor.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner.AnnounceTime(String message, Action action)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner.ExecuteExpressions(ICollection`1 expressions)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner.Up(IMigration migration)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner.ApplyMigrationUp(Int64 version)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner.MigrateUp(Boolean useAutomaticTransactionManagement)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Initialization.TaskExecutor.Execute()
   at Continua.Migrations.Runner.Execute(String database, String connectionString, String fileName)
   at Continua.Server.Service.Migrator.Begin()
Exiting…

Now, what’s interesting is that the SQL statement is valid and returns no errors if you parse it in management studio. My guess is that the SQL statement shown there was not the one that caused the exception and the logging is incorrect.

I’m going to try reinstalling using postgres, just so I can continue evaluating, but in production we would need to use SQL 2012.

Thanks!

Hi Drew thank you for letting us know, we have a fix for this coming today. Thanks.

Hi Drew the fix for this one is now available: https://www.finalbuilder.com/downloads/continuaci/continuaci-beta-version-history

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, I’ll test it today. Is this the best place to post bug reports or do you prefer another method?

As an aside, since I’ve set up a bunch of projects on my test instance (which is using postgres), do you guys have any scripts or utilities to migrate between database backends? No big deal if you don’t, I just thought I’d check before I wiped everything out to test the new release.

Thanks again

Here is fine, or if you have private info you don’t want made public (like debug log files) then support @ finalbuilder.com.

We don’t have any tools for db platform migration. It’s on the todo list but a long way down the list at this time.