How to obtain a detailed log

Hi, I've just downloaded the last trial version of FinalBuilder and I'm playing with it: very nice!

I would like to know how to obtain a log with the exact command executed during the build of a delphi 7 project.

I mean that I would like to see the exact and complete dcc32 command line being executed and the exact complete resouce compiler command line.

Does FB relies on a dcc32.cfg file or does it send all needed configuration parameters to dcc32? Hence the need to see a detailed dcc32 line.

Thank you

--

fabio vitale

FinalBuilder doesn’t log the command line for the delphi action, as there really isn’t much to it… dcc32.exe /B project.dpr

FinalBuilder generates a projectfile.cfg in the same folder as the delphi project, however it deletes the file after running. There is an option on the action to keep this file, it will have a .used file extension (this is because the delphi ide might overwrite it otherwise).

Hi Vincent,

I've enabled the option to save the Project.used. I've noticed that inside Project.used the directives -U -O -I -R appear tewo times: the first time with a part of my library part, the secon one with the rest of my library path. Why do you split the lines? Do the lines will be joined again by Dcc32? I did not know this feature of DCC32, of being able to join multiple -U -O -I -R directives.

Secon question: I've noticed that after a Finalbuilder build, in my project folder appears also my original Project.cfg (the one generated by the Delphi IDE. Did Finalbuilder saved it before the build?

Now a licensing question.

Since I'm a one man developer company (only me) If I purchase a named license of FB Pro can I install it also on my personal notebook, to work at home, or do I need to puchase an additional license? 

Anyway thank you very much: I'm comparing Finalbuilder against VisualBuild Pro and Finalbuilder is the winner in *ANY* area of the build, one of the best thought piece of software I've seen since now!

Regards, fabio vitale

Hi Fabio

There is a limit to how long the lines in the .cfg file can be, however the compiler will accept the same option multiple times and concatenate the paths. This wasn’t documented 10 years ago when I first worked on this action, not sure if is now.

FinalBuilder does save the original .cfg file if it exists.

A single Named user license would be sufficient, we do allow a fair use… provided the install is not used as a server (with FinalBuilder Server) and is only used by 1 person, it can be installed on a notebook.

Thanks for the kind words… always nice to read!

Thank you Vincent.

I've not yet studied Finalbuilder Server: do you think that working as a single developer would benefit from using Finalbuilder Server?

fabio vitale